Free-form undulated opal carvings make the most amazing jewellery. Each piece is a totally unique, high visual impact creation. This product line is The Perfect Designer Jeweller’s Gem Stone.
Absolute Opals & Gems P/Lhas supported the opal carving movement since 1999 and participated in market development by;
- Sponsoring and participating in International Carving competitions.
- Working closely with International Opal Carving Multi-award Winners including; the late Christine Rousell, Dalan Hargrave, Daniela Labatte and the now retired Josef Belicka.
- Supplying opal carving for photography and inclusion in opal books by authors such as; Paul B Downing, Len Cram and Stephen Aracic .
- Having images of carvings featured in TV documentaries and magazine publications such as Colored Stone, Metal Stone and Glass.
- Sponsoring Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE Industry Foundation (nmit), with opal for students to enter the Opal Jewellery Design Awards Association’s Bi-annual International Opal Carving and Carved Opal Jewellery Competition.
- Producing and supplying volume of opal carvings to the World Market through the Established Wholesale Channels until the product became Accepted and Demanded by the Trade.
As a result of these promotional activities I am often asked for “Rough Opal for Carving” . Whenever new rough is acquired through mining or buying I often select and separate the pieces that are most suitable for carving. I either carve them or leave them as rough depending on the demand for this purpose.
Thank you for your interest,
C/- Absolute Opals & Gems Pty Ltd